Monday, April 14, 2014

Resurrection Eggs, Part 4 of 4

This is the final installment about our  Resurrection Eggs Easter Devotions. For the other posts, see Part 1Part 2, and Part 3.


19. Linen. 
Story: Burial cloths left in tomb. John 20:1-18
Hymn: Low, in the Grave He Lay


20. Nails.
Story: Doubting Thomas. John 20:24-31
Hymn: Crown Him with Many Crowns
Crown Him With Many Crowns by 2nd Chapter of Acts on Grooveshark


21. Scroll.
Story: Road to Emmaus. Luke 24:13-35
Hymn: God Hath Spoken by the Prophets (This hymn is set to the tune Ebenezer, which is the same tune as O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus.)


22. Fish. 
Story: Jesus reinstates Peter. John 21:1-19.
Hymn: Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us
Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us by Fernando Ortega on Grooveshark


23. World Map.
Story: The Great Commission. Matthew 28:16-20.
Hymn: We’ve a Story to Tell to the Nations, or Lead on, O King Eternal (One of my very favorites - listen online here!)


24. Cotton Ball. 
Story: The Ascension. Acts 1:1-11
Hymn: Thine be the Glory, or On Jordan’s Stormy Banks (This is Laurel's very favorite hymn. I love hearing her little voice sing, "I am bound, I am bound, I am bound for the promised land." May God make it so, little one.)
On Jordan's Stormy Banks I Stand [MP Jones] by Indelible Grace Music on Grooveshark

And that brings us to the end of our Easter devotions! If you have any notes, questions, corrections, or hymn suggestions to improve these Resurrection Eggs devotions, I'd love to hear them.

This year I'd love to start work on doing something to celebrate Pentecost, since these holiday devotions offer such a great teaching time that our girls excitedly look forward to. I haven't found a lot of leads on celebrating Pentecost (especially for protestants), so if you have done anything about it or can point me to any good resources, I'd love to hear about that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment